Wednesday, August 17, 2011

[Skills Post 3] Edited Compare and Contrast essay

 
  I think that one of the best way to improve your English skills is to speak and write only English in something like a camp or any programme that enables students to speak and write in English only. However, as you all know, everything has good points and bad points.

  Camp Big Apple is a tree week camp which focuses on Math and English. All the professors there have a Master's degree. They stay in America and study with students from all over the world and they live in dormitories. Ranch West Camp is a four week camp and the students get to choose the subject that they want to study about. All the teachers there are recent graduates from the university and the accomodation is a home stay style. Head Start Splash is a five week camp where the students get to study the things the local students study in the school. The school is a certificated international school. All the teachers there have at least a Bachelor's degree and at least one parent has to accompany their children.

For me, all three camps, Camp Big Apple, Ranch West Camp and Head Start Splash all seem very beneficial for me. They all speak English almost all the time and are all abroad. They allow students to experience new culture and activities. They all have interesting activities even though they are all different.


When I choose which kind of camp I want to go to, I look at how enjoyable it can be, the length, the subjects and the balance of outdoor activities and studying. I think that Camp Big Apple study too much, is too short and the students only study Math and English so I wouldn't be able to enjoy it much. However Head Start Splash has too many outdoor activities. If we have too many outdoor activities, when are we going to study? Also the length of the camp is too long. Compared to the two camps, Ranch West Camp has enough outoor activities, the length is just right and the students get to choose what they want to study. That's why I think that Ranch West Camp is the best.

  Even though the teachers may be recent graduates, as the students live in a home stay style, they can speak English anywhere and learn the other aspects of English other than the English they learn at school. However, in Head Start Splash and Camp Big Apple, the students could speak Korean in their dormitories as they are alone in home.

In Ranch West Camp, the students can choose a subject they want to learn and study from these subjects: Math, Art, History, Science, Politics, World cultures, Music, Computer Programming and Literature. While learning a subject that the students are interested in and having fun, the students can improve their English Skills.

Considering other facts and the aspects of each of the camps, I think that Ranch West Camp is the best camp to study English affectively because of the reasons above.

No comments:

Post a Comment